Sunday, December 23, 2018

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS ANOTHER STARTING PITCHER

Source: Elite Sports

So, I was settling in on the idea of the five-man rotation of Luis Severino, Masahiro Tanaka, J.A. Happ, James Paxton, and CC Sabathia and then CC had heart surgery and I became unsettled.  Truth be told, I was never really sold on Sabathia being the fifth starter because of his endurance issues and re-occurring knee injuries, but now I am really out on it.  So, Santa Cashman, I am making a last minute request, "Can you please sign another starter for Christmas?" 

Source: Sporting News

According to the New York Post, "There are plenty of lefty starters still available in free agency: Dallas Keuchel, Gio Gonzalez, Derek Holland, Francisco Liriano, Brett Anderson, Wade Miley, Martin Perez, Jaime GarciaDrew Pomeranz and Japanese star Yusei Kikuchi, plus Clayton Richards was designated for assignment last week by the Padres, and lefties such as Texas’ Mike Minor and perhaps Arizona’s Robbie Ray could be had in trades." 

Source: New York Post
Cleveland Indian Corey Kluber is being heavily pursued by the Dodgers whose blockbuster trade on Friday left them with a lot of salary to sweeten the pot for a stud like Kluber.  Honestly, I want in on him.  I know we are expected to get Jordan Montgomery back sometime in the early part of the season, if all goes well with his rehab from Tommy John surgery, but the Yankees need insurance and actually, they need another big guy on the hill.  I would say Keuchel, Pomeranz or Kluber would satisfy my Christmas list.  Santa, please?

Source: Twitter

According to LA Dodger sports writer Howard Cole, "The Dodgers are getting some difference-making players this offseason. Corey Kluber is almost certainly on the team’s wish list (and at the top of mine). A real catcher (and perhaps J.T. Realmuto) is coming as well."  So, I have some competition for Kluber, not to mention I am thinking the Indians want to keep him, presumably and contend again.

Source: NY Post

If the Yankees want to truly contend, they need more than a robust infield and bats.  They need a lock-solid starting rotation and that means, another stud on the hill.  All I want for Christmas is another starting pitcher.  I can be patient...I can wait until January.




--Suzie Pinstripe
BYB Managing Editor
Twitter: @suzieprof





20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017