Thursday, July 26, 2018

BEING A FAN IN THE WORLD OF DUNCE


Being a fan is liking a player for the ability he has.  It's for the courage he displays. Hell, some people are fans because they think a player is good looking, or think they're nice.  It really doesn't matter how a person defines why they like a player. What matters to that fan is that they like the player. And sometimes that's all one needs to know.  

You may not like that player. Nothing wrong with that. But what is wrong is when you tell another person that are wrong for being a fan of a player. In fact, it's not even wrong, it's idiotic.


I like Billy McKinney. I am a fan. I think the dude has tremendous potential and he plays his heart out. I do NOT care that McKinney is now being called a 4th outfielder because we have J.A. Happ.  That's because anyone who is actually in tune with how the media works knows, that the Yankees will spin it that way so it appears on it's surface that trading McKinney away was "no big deal".


And you know what? Maybe it's not a big deal. Maybe he will pitter out.... or maybe he'll be a superstar in Toronto. Who knows. I do know this... I'll still root for McKinney in Toronto, just like I root for Dustin Fowler in Oakland and Rob Refsnyder in Tampa Bay. Because guess what? I'm a fan of those guys too.


It's not a matter of "Where they gonna put him???" As some dunce fans asked me when I said I wanted McKinney to stay. I'll tell you why... BECAUSE I'M A FAN.  I wanted him to stay because I had this hope that he'd get some extra time with us. Because I like him as a player.  Shame on me, right?

This is my Wall of Dunce.  There are a lot like them on Social Media, but this one is mine.  Please read it if you are a reader of BYB every day.  Please let me know if I'm missing something.  Because last time I checked, I never said I was disappointed in J.A. Happ, I was just concerned about how he would adapt in the Bronx.  I also suggested that I'm a fan of Billy McKinney.


Not that I thought he'd roam the outfield in the Bronx tomorrow, but when you're a fan... there's always a part of you that hopes that one day they will just break out.  Just like Tyler Austin before him... it's how I was made. I root for the underdog and look for the positives.  This however is not positive. This is stupid... all of it.  This is what our society has become. Enjoy this...











These are my favorite... there are about 150. All of them... GOLD. All of them on Facebook, unless they all started scrambling and removing them. Too late, the good ones are here, with their names, with their avatars.  Have fun, kiddos, I just made you famous.

Bottom line, I still walk away from this being a fan of Billy McKinney... and I still like Happ.  My worry... that he'll fall under the pressure of the Bronx. I definitely will root for him... but it's a worry of mine and that's that.

Play ball.

Welcome to the Bronx, Happ…

I'm your biggest fan Billy McKinney!

And... life goes on.

Shop for BYB Gear!

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017