Saturday, October 15, 2016

TORRES & KAPRIELIAN ARE 'KILLING IT'


I am a fan of getting feeback and info from the Arizona Fall League.  My buddy Dave Goode loves it too.  He's in Arizona and checks in with me every year because he tries to go to games and get a few quotes for us at BYB because Goode's been a BYB fan since the beginning. In fact, we even interview Goode here a while back because he was a vendor at Yankee Stadium a million years ago, (I kid), and so I wanted to see what he saw in the old Yankee Stadium. 


Read THE VENDOR FROM THE HOUSE THAT RUTH BUILT... you will be entertained.

Anyway... I'm getting sidetracked, but I wanted to give you some info on some of our kids that are at the AFL right now.

Keith Law of ESPN writes:


"New York Yankees right-hander James Kaprielian, their 2015 first-round pick out of UCLA, was outstanding in his AFL debut Wednesday night, his first outing since he went down in April with an undisclosed arm injury. He was 94-97 mph with a hard cutter-like slider that was 85-89 early but slipped a little in his third inning, and he showed a plus straight changeup with great arm speed at 82-87."

Mike Rosenbaum of MLB.com writes of newly acquired Gleyber Torres:


"Gleyber Torres may be one of the younger players in this year's Arizona Fall League, but you would never know it based on the 19-year-old shortstop's impressive showing in the season's first week.

'I don't try to put too much pressure on myself,' Torres said. 'I just want to show everybody my abilities and go out there and have some fun.'

The Yankees' No. 2 prospect accomplished both of those on Friday night as he delivered a bases loaded walk-off single to lead Scottsdale past Glendale, 8-7, at Scottsdale Stadium."

The future of the Yankees looks bright, folks. Here are 2 more examples of that.  Gotta love the youth movement.

Keep looking back here for future updates from the AFL, be it actual reporting or some exclusive nuggets from my friend Dave Goode! He'll do his best to try and get exclusive and unique info from the Yankee players for the BYB readers! Thank you Dave!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017