Friday, July 1, 2016

WORLD SERIES BOUND? YANKEES WIN ANOTHER...


And sarcasm can be fun.

It was an unusual walk off, but the Yankees won 2 in a row regardless.  It doesn't matter how you win... as long as you win. You gotta love that.

The New York Times writes: "On Wednesday, Texas was two outs from winning the first three games. And yet the series ended Thursday with New York somehow earning a split when Headley scampered home on a passed ball for his team's second straight victory in the bottom of the ninth.

Headley just beat the throw with two outs for a 2-1 win. Four Yankees pitchers combined to strike out 16 Rangers — 12 by starter Michael Pineda."


And the best part, even though Pineda gave up a homer in the first, he settled down and actually did really well.  I mean, after all, we need the guy! All our pitchers did!

But this win for me, while important, seemed cheap.  I know, I'm a perfectionist... I like the big moment walk-off.  But hey, I will take what I can take and I loved reading BYB Senior writer Ike Dimitriadis's comment on his Facebook best yesterday. It sums up the most wonderful part of baseball and family:

"My girls got to witness their first ‪#‎walkoff‬ ‪#‎Yankees‬ win... Let's go @Yankees!"


Nothing better than being at a Yankee win with your family!

Final: Yankees 2 - Rangers 1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017