Friday, October 23, 2015

HEYMAN & I AGREE! CUE THE 4 HORSES OF THE APOCALYPSE!


Sorry to disappoint ladies and gentlemen, but this is not your father's Yankees and George Steinbrenner is deceased.  I know everyone is salivating for the off season, but I am actually agreeing with Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com here. I know, I know... the 4 horses of the Apocalypse are right this moment coming down your hallway! OH MY GOD, RUN!  Here it goes... Yoenis Cespedes will not be in Yankee pinstripes this off season. I know, I'm a Debbie Downer. Jon writes:


"The early belief is that the Yankees will not be players for Cespedes. Some of them may be skeptical about the focus of players who are represented by Roc Nation."

I agree with that 100%.  Roc Nation ruins players and their reputation. Yankees need to be weary of that.  Plus, we have someone better than Yoenis Cespedes in the Yankees minor leagues... it's the Iron Giant.


 Aaron Judge is coming, and the outfield is already full.  I like what Chad Jennings of LoHud wrote:

"The Yankees’ outfield is full with Aaron Judge on the way. Doesn’t seem to be a time when the Yankees would invest the money necessary to get Cespedes. If they trade Brett Gardner or Jacoby Ellsbury, maybe that would change, but for now Cespedes to the Yankees seems unlikely."


I have to say, I think the Yanks are stuck with Ellsbury.  We are quickly finding that that contract was terrible. I mean, most Yankee fans knew that when we signed him, but there is something always fun about stealing players from the Red Sox. But right this second, let's be honest, it felt good when we signed him, but not now.  The Red Sox will come out winners in that. My opinion of course.


I also don't see the Yankees trading Golden boy Brett Gardner. Joe Girardi loves the guy, and to be honest, he's been on more than he's been off.  Look, we will have to see what happens, but I think with Ellsbury, Gardy and Beltran, we're set.  And again... Judge is coming ladies and gentlemen.

Anyway... I just wanted to share.

(In Photo: Reenactment)
Who knows... maybe Heyman and I can grab a coffee together and talk baseball in a Starbucks somewhere....

Negatory.

 You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017