Friday, September 19, 2014

HEY BITCHES! 3 WINS IS A WINNING STREAK!


Good for us. But more to go.  We just need to hope that the Yankees can do it, right?  The walls are closing in and time is running out.  As I told my friend Daniel today, "Nose to the grindstone and keep working." That's in life... that's in Yankeeland right now. It's all the Yankees can do. And as fans, we need to just put our rooting faces on... maybe we hope and pray and who knows what else... and the Yankees maybe, MAYBE snag a Wild card spot. We're 4.5 out right this moment.  Holy Crap... talk about pressure.


Hiroki Kuroda pitched tonight. 6.2 innings pitched, he allowed 7 hits and just 3 runs, 2 of them earned. I liked what I saw tonight and Kuroda always keeps us in the game. The pen followed gracefully and I was impressed by Josh Outman. I freaking LOVE the stirrups. Throwback... I dig it.

(In Photo: Josh Outman)
I wasn't sure how Adam Warren would handle it tonight, but he did OK and got his 3rd save of the season.

The Yankee run scoring went like this:

In the first inning, Brian McCann singled and knocked in Jacoby Ellsbury


In the 3rd, Ellsbury hit a 2 run homer. Then in the 4th, and as MLB.com reported it, "Jacoby Ellsbury grounds into a force out, second baseman Munenori Kawasaki to shortstop Jose Reyes. Stephen Drew scores. Chase Headley scores. Ichiro Suzuki out at 2nd. Jacoby Ellsbury advances to 1st, on a throwing error by shortstop Jose Reyes." There was alot going on there... I couldn't explain it as well as them. 3 RBIs for Ellsbury tonight. Nice!


Look, I promised you yesterday that I was done with the bashing and doom and gloom scenarios of the Yankees stinking up the joint.  The reality is, we have about a week left of baseball. Derek Jeter is retiring. It's happening people.  I've decided to not get mad at the outcome of this season. I've decided to take it all in and enjoy the games... all because of the Captain. 


Yes, we won 3 in a row... I'd love to now win another 7 straight, but I'm not getting ahead of myself. It's baby steps and baseball. It's also very bittersweet. I remember 1996 when Jeet played his full season. I remember it like it was yesterday and we won the whole damn thing!  Suddenly it's 2014... and look where we are now and Derek Jeter is now hanging it up.  It's a damn shame. Cross your fingers.

Nice win tonight. 3 games is a winning streak. I leave you with this:



Go Yanks!

Final: Yankees 5 - Blue Jays 3

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017