Thursday, April 10, 2014

YOU DIDN'T HEAR? DOCTORING THE BALL IS OK AGAIN.


I was annoyed when Clay Buchholz was clearly using some type of foreign substance on his shiny forearm a year ago. But nothing ever came of it.  Not a thing. I figured at that point, if no one wants to make a big stink about it, I guess doctoring the ball is OK again. I mean, after all, Gaylord Perry did it better than anyone, but remember, that was in the 1970's when the umps would bust these players every once in a while, but it was happening a lot. Gaylord was the best at doctoring the ball, and Gaylord is a Hall of Famer.


Then, it almost seemed like it stopped.  Now, I'm not stupid. I know that throughout the 80's and 90's it was happening, but it was not as obvious as a say Clay Buchholz shiny arm.  Maybe even the Jose Valverde, spitter.


You remember that one right? It was the Ol' "I'm gonna to gob on this baseball right now" pitch.


Well,  tonight, Michael Pineda clearly had pine tar on his pitching hand while throwing against the Red Sox, for at least part of the game. And you know what? No one cares, so good for him.

That's right, I'm officially tired of being the goodie-goodie. It's clear, this is happening more and more out in the open. You know what? Go for it... Gaylord Perry would be proud.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017