Monday, March 3, 2014

PINEDA: "I WANT TO BE ON THE YANKEES RIGHT AWAY!"

I read David Waldstein's piece about the Yankees and Mariners and that trade that went down a few years ago when Michael Pineda came to us for then, stud Jesus Montero.  I remember Yankeeland was in a tizzy... so was I, and I wrote: BRONX SHOCKER: MONTERO TRADED FOR PINEDA.


But now according to Waldstein's New York Times piece, the Yankees "might" have emerged as the winners:

"As unlikely as it seemed two years ago, the Yankees have a chance to come out ahead in the trade, in which they also received the pitching prospect Jose Campos. Pineda is a candidate to be the Yankees’ fifth starter...Pineda’s pitches were firm, and his command acceptable, and he even broke the bat of the switch-hitter Zoilo Almonte...The next test for Pineda comes on Friday, when he is scheduled to pitch in a game."


I'd like to wait and see what he has before I say we won anything, that's just my opinion. But it wasn't only about the Pineda progress that I liked about the Times piece, it's about Pineda's attitude and confidence in which Waldstein captured. Pineda said:

"I want to be on the Yankees right away... I don’t want to go to Triple-A. But I don’t have control over the situation. I am so excited... Long time, practicing, working hard. Now I’m ready to go.”

Pineda's ready, and while if he doesn't make it as the 5th starter and gets a chance to work more in AAA, you kind of want to see the guy go Pro.

It's time... Then we'll gauge.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017