Friday, January 24, 2014

CHUCK KNOBLAUCH IS HAVING A GREAT DAY!


 The Minnesota Twins have inducted Chuck Knoblauch into the Twins Hall of Fame. Good for him.

According to Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com, "The four-time All-Star and 1991 American League Rookie of the Year is set to become the 27th member of the Twins Hall of Fame on Aug. 23, when he is inducted during a special on-field pregame ceremony before the Twins host the Detroit Tigers at Target Field.


 It will mark Knoblauch's first return to the Twin Cities since his playing career ended in 2002...

 'I am humbled and honored with the news of my election to the Minnesota Twins Hall of Fame,' Knoblauch said. 'Thank you to the members of voting committee -- especially the Twins Hall of Famers and Twins fans everywhere -- for this unbelievable recognition. It was a privilege to be part of the Twins' organization, and I'm incredibly grateful for the opportunity the Pohlad family, Andy MacPhail, Terry Ryan, Tom Kelly and so many others provided me. The time I spent in Minnesota will always hold a special place in my heart, and my family and I are excited about returning to the Twin Cities for the induction ceremony.'"

Good for Chuck.


As you know here, Chuck Knoblauch is part of the Bleeding Yankee Blue family as well. You can read a great interview with him... click EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: CHUCK KNOBLAUCH.  

Maybe one day the Yankees will have Chuck Knoblauch back to Yankee stadium. I mean, he was part of some really terrific Yankee Championships in the past.  To my knowledge, Knoblauch has never attended an Old Timers game in Yankee Stadium... It try and confirm that... and if I'm right, I'll try and get to the bottom of it for ya'll.

In the meantime, Congrats to Chuck, you had a great career and you deserve that honor.

 Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017