Thursday, January 16, 2014

CC IS "ON TO THE NEXT ONE"


I very rarely stroll through Twitter. Maybe once a day to reply to tweets, or to post stories. Today has been a slow day and I probably have spent way too much time on Twitter. Just as I have decided to get off, I see a Twit pic from CC Sabathia. He is happily sitting next to Jay-Z, signing a stack of papers. The caption reads "#RocNationSports La Familia."
Of course, this sent me running off to Casey to see if he could help me confirm it. I absolutely adore CC, and his beautiful wife Amber Sabathia. I think my fellow BYB writers will agree with me when I say that they are one of our absolute favorite couples around here.


CC just looks like the kind of guy that's really cool, and laid-back, and an awesome friend to have. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. Add to the fact that he and Amber make a beautiful family unit and there is serious admiration there. Family is important to me, and they make an awesome team together.


But… Roc Nation? I won't lie, I am cringing. Remember when Robinson Cano signed? Everyone was happy because Jay-Z's love for this city would keep Cano in pinstripes. I had my doubts, and unfortunately, I was right. So this news left me feeling a little like Julius Caesar in Shakespeare's play. "Et tu, Brute?"

CC has in fact signed with Roc Nation Sports. He has admittedly said that the Yankees legacy is important to him, and that is wonderful. But Roc Nation? Okay, I'm done dwelling on it. I sincerely hope that this signing brings CC everything he could possibly want in his career. Hopefully that includes retiring in pinstripes.

Oh... and for everyone that didn't understand the "on to the next one" reference... Here you go...





--Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer
Twitter: @e_morales1804




Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.