Saturday, July 27, 2013

CASEY'S ANGELS



A lot has happened in the almost 3 years since Bleeding Yankee Blue began. Writers have come and gone.  Our audience, you guys, have built steady and have interacted with us more than I ever could have imagined! It’s incredible actually.  We’ve had haters try and tell us we’re “doing it wrong” and most importantly though, through it all, we’ve become your source of news, opinions, laughter and just plain comfort.  We’re doing our best… and we hope to do better. But seriously… it’s become a monster and I don’t really know how this happened.  We must credit the readers… you guys are amazing… but give a shout out to our writers… dedicated and always ready to please you, you gotta love that!

I’m going to do something other websites will not do. Give credit where credit is due… and I’m going to do it a few times this year.  The BYB writers have been true to you…. and me as well.  3 that I would like to chat about today are who I call “Casey’s Angels.”


Ripped off from the 1970’s Aaron Spelling show Charlie’s Angels, these “Angels” are very important to me because of their writing style, flair, passion and love of the craft of sports writing.   Jeana Bellezza, Erica Morales and Suzie Pinstripe stay true to the craft, are always eager to please the core and without a doubt, turn out amazing work weekly.  But there is more to it… they’re lives are busy and they still find time to put it all together for me.  Deadlines matter because they know you’ll be looking for our posts on BYB daily!  I’ve said this before but need to say it again… without my writers, and this includes our male component as well, this website would not be very popular.  With them, we’re unstoppable.

Jeana Bellezza came on as an editor with BYB and developed into one of the best sports writers out there.  As a Senior writer, she helps me look for the trends and helps clear my head.  She’s thorough, she’s dedicated and it’s been a pleasure having her on our staff here at Bleeding Yankee Blue.  Without fail, she is there when I need her. My right hand angel is you will...thanks Jeana.

Erica Morales works her tail off and still manages to keep the world informed about her family and life outside of BYB.  She’s a dedicated mother, wife and another one of the best damn sports writers out there.  She’s not going to bore you, she’ll engage you. In fact, some of the best posts by both Erica and Jeana are the ones that are personal.   Let me stop right there for a moment and explain;  Baseball and the Yankees are fun to write about… but everyone does that.  Bleeding Yankee Blue doesn’t, and that’s why you come to us.  Sure, we beat the Yankees drum, but sometimes we lighten the load… Erica and Jeana do that and I appreciate that personal side.

Suzie Pinstripe is our opinion writer but there’s more to her… she finds the nuggets the others don’t have.  She writes because she loves it and she loves this Yankee club.  She’s honest and she’s not going to sit there and bore you with statistics…. Why? Because again... that’s what the others do.  No… she gets to the heart of the matter and when you read her, you feel what she’s feeling.  You can not say that about other writers on other sites.

So what’s this post all about? It’s a Thank you. I am honored to feature my Angels today on Bleeding Yankee Blue. They get a tip of the cap from me.  It’s been an absolute pleasure to have them join us and in this world of “men running sports websites” all over the planet.  This BYB site... this little blog that developed into a monster… well, much of that credit needs to go toward the women on our staff. It’s girl power… and it’s glorious.

Our writers don’t treat Bleeding Yankee Blue as a job. We treat it as a passion. The others do not…. Hey, you noticed, you followed & you shared it… and we love you for it.

Drop a note to my Angels today.  Give them an “Atta Girl”, because there is nothing sweeter than alittle pat on the back in my world… and I would bet in your world too.

Great work Angels… now get to work!

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017