Monday, May 27, 2013

TRADING PLACES


I'm not going to lie.  I expected the Yankees to beat the Mets tonight. I was wrong.  Hey, I'm no mind reader, but I just expected leaders to continue to lead...like the Yankees!  The Mets aren't a very good club, but they did it, they won tonight. I tip my cap.


Phil Hughes pitched well tonight.  I hate when he's inconsistent because when he's on, he's really on. When he's off, he's a disaster and I'd like him traded.  Tonight, again... he did well.  He and David Robertson each gave up 1 run, which was all the Mets needed.  One thing that bothers me though... Hughes gave up yet another home run. Why does this guy give up the long ball so often? I will bet you we figure out this puzzle, we figure out Phil Hughes. 


Great catch tonight by Brett Gardner robbing Daniel Murphy of a homer.  The guy's OK in my book, terrific athleticism out there and a great photo here on BYB.


The Yankee runs were "1" tonight. They had plenty of opportunities but didn't get it done. In the 6th inning, Jayson Nix knocked in Brett Gardner. The End.  I wish it was more exciting.  I wish I could tell you that Lyle Overbay cranked one out in the 9th and scored he and Ichiro to win it... but it didn't happen tonight. 

Tonight, the first place Yankees and the second to last place Mets traded places.

Final Score: Mets 2 - Yankees 1

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017