Tuesday, May 14, 2013

THE RETURN OF THE GENTLEMAN


Curtis Granderson is coming back just in time for the Series with the Seattle Mariners and a Yankee team that clicks better than a baseball card in my bike spokes. Yes, I dated myself, but this is getting exciting. The report is from the New York Daily news HERE and states: "Curtis Granderson could be back in pinstripes as early as Tuesday night.

Joe Girardi wouldn't commit to anything, but the Yankees manager planned to talk with Granderson and general manager Brian Cashman after the outfielder played Monday night with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre to see if he was ready to return from the disabled list..."


Sure, the Yankees haven't officially committed, but it's clear what's happening... we're going with it here and if they wait a day, we'll correct the record. I mean, look at this Tweet from Granderson himself:

He did his best to communicate with us without stepping on the toes of the Yankees PR.  He didn't commit... he hinted.  Again, that's good enough for me.


So what's gonna happen? We have a dude in Vernon Wells hitting more homers than Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton combined, we have the speed and outfield talents of a Brett Gardner and a veteran 200 plus hit year rightfielder in Ichiro. I don't know about you, but I like what we have in our outfield. It's clear to me when Curtis returns, he'll be put into his normal spot, but there will be a rotation system in place. Granderson will blend in and he'll continue bring the energy and talent to the outfield, but rotating our guys ensures momentum as well rest. Not a bad combination.


There has been plenty of talk here on Bleeding Yankee Blue about what to do with Curtis Granderson.  Trade him by the deadline to bolster the starting rotation? Maybe we let him ride out his time in pinstripes? Any scenario works. Curtis Granderson is a solid player. If he comes back like he never left, his trade value is high and if he doesn't strikeout and gives us the power we need, it's great for the already hot Yankees.  And let me state for the record that I don't want Granderson traded.  From a business standpoint, and  from my own thinking, it makes sense to trade him, especially if we've gotten this far without him.  There is also that thinking that this Yankee run can't last. I get that. Granderson could provide that stability in that case.

Whatever happens, I'm just glad the guy is back.   It's strange to think about, but he's been gone a while now.  Because we're winning, it didn't matter too much, it didn't hurt as much. Now that he's back... it's about to get sweeter in Yankeeland.  I'm looking forward to his return.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017