Tuesday, April 9, 2013

NOW NICK SWISHER HAD HIS "FEELINGS HURT"

These baseball players are very emotional, aren't they? First Josh Hamilton was upset about the reaction that Rangers fans gave him when he came back to Arlington as a Los Angeles Angel, (Read JOSH HAMILTON IS SAD APPARENTLY) and now Andy McCullough of the Star Ledger reports (HERE) that Nick Swisher was "hurt" when the Yankees didn't want to bring him back.

Swisher says “It hurt. That team was amazing. The city was amazing. You guys were amazing to me. My teammates were so great to me. And when you are in a place for four years, that’s a long time in baseball. You develop some relationships. Sometimes when you leave, that’s not exactly what you want to do sometimes. But the way that Cleveland’s come in and approached the situation and treated me like a king over here, I just could not be more honored to be putting the uniform on for them every single day.

Look, I like Swish, but the timing was wrong and isn't that just obvious? Maybe the Yankees didn't want to get involved in a big thing with Nick Swisher being a free agent and them being involved into pouring more money into a guy that already peaked.  Not to mention, Swisher and his wife are about to have a baby, they can roll around in that $56 million contract all they want now. No one is criticizing Swisher for wanting to explore free agency for the first time. It was a great exercise for him, but it was clear that at the end of 2012, the Yankees were NOT interested in bringing the Bronx Elvis back.  Many of us fans were ready for a change in right field, many of us miss him now.  Me? I always loved the energy Nick Swisher brought to this Yankees club, and he'll do the same now in Cleveland, but I'm going to say something that many of you will disagree with and this is personal for me... I love Ichiro Suzuki out there.  I've always loved the guy, so for me, this all happened for a reason.  And trust me, Swisher may be "hurt" but how hurt could he really be? He's raking in the dough with the Indians now... I'd say, the guys doing just fine. Again, I wish him well.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017