Sunday, October 28, 2012

BYB, THE YANKEES & LIFE GO PRETTY FAST

Baseball and life run the same way for me. I don't know what it is, but forever I saw the similarities and I see them to this day.

You buy a new home, it's like winning the World Series...the American dream.  It's the ultimate goal for any baseball team. Then you improve it, just like a team, you rebuild and make the club better and the next year, in life, maybe you do home improvements too and you hit a milestone, another championship...or maybe an addition on your home with a man cave. You see the thread, right?
Teamwork will bring success on your club and my wife and I juggle a ton of personalities in our house so we have a happy home. Wins bring happiness in baseball, positive reinforcement brings happiness in my house.

If my kid fails his spelling test, it's like he struck out in the 9th...and so on and so forth. I'm a baseball nerd, but I'm also a dad and it all comes together like this.

Since BYB began, it's become a beast I can't control. I've brought in smart writers and I've built a safe house here for the ultimate Yankee fan. You don't have to agree with us, but 9 times out of 10, you do. You don't want to hear the negative, but if I need to bring it to you, I will. And truth be told, you keep coming back and we've built writing personalities that you look for daily. That's BYB, the others don't do that. I never wanted a blog, I wanted a website. I've never been a true fan of the"blog" unless I was constantly able to read new stuff daily. That being said, some of the blogs that got me interested in doing this in the first place are awesome... Lisa, Rob... you know I appreciate you guys.

I received an interesting note from a friend the other day, a reader and Yankee fanatic. And something she wrote stuck me..."We want you back." Apparently - haven't been writing as much lately.  I get it, but I never left. You know when you'll know if I left?  If you wake up one morning and the same story from Tuesday was my top story...and it's Sunday. If I never updated BYB, it would be evident, I left.
(In Photo: Sergio Mitre)
But the spirit of BYB started with me and my buddy Sergio Mitre, read WHY LAST NIGHT WAS IMPORTANT. And as long as I'm happy, you will always have daily content. Why? Because I know your looking for it, we raised the bar.

I'm passionate about my team, I love to write and not a day goes by that I didn't write something on BYB. My head is constantly thinking about ideas that you will enjoy and our writers do the same. It's a job, yet, we all have our real life, our real job. 

Truth be told, there comes a time in life that a full balance is in order. In other words, having our great writers write, while I take a breather is OK... I'll take the help when I can get it.

Because at the end of the day, you guys are like family and I want to keep you reading, but if my kid wants to go play baseball...guess what I'm doing?  If were planning a trip to Florida, guess where I'm going?  My point is, we supply content, we make you laugh, we make you think, and we even yell here at BYB...like a family. But truth be told, I have a family that was around way before BYB.  I'm doing my best. You can't fault me for that.

Am I mad by reading "We want you back?" Not at all. I'm rejuvenated. I'm inspired. I'm happy. Everyone loves to be wanted. I sure do. But balance in life is so important, for everyone...I could write for you for days, with no break, I have a ton of ideas, trust me... but I won't let my family fail, just like I won't let BYB fail. Balance, it's a baseball thing, it's a life thing. I hope you get where I'm coming from.

OK, I'm don't with my rant. Someone make me eggs... Over medium.

 Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017