Monday, June 18, 2012

THE BLEEDING YANKEE BLUE NEWSSTAND VIII

NICK SWISHER LEGOS...REALLY: Look, I thought I've seen everything. Clearly I haven't. I was on Facebook and We Want Nick Swisher to Host SNL page posted a picture of Nick Swisher Legos. I thought I was a joke, but it's not.

Go on Ebay, go to their page...it exists and with this possibly being Nick Swisher's last year in pinstripes, you may need to pick up that piece of memorabilia quick. I love this idea and I'm not entirely sure if Legos makes these for all athletes or what, but they are fun collectibles and if they were to incorporate some type of baseball card too, well, even I'd buy it.


CLIFF LEE WINLESS: Wow was the first thing I thought of. But after all the B.S. surrounding Cliff Lee and the Yankees a while back, it's clear I'm not a big Lee fan anymore. That being said, looking at Cliff Lee's record of 0-3 in June...let's just say I'm OK with it.

MANNY REQUESTS RELEASE BY A'S: You can never tell what Manny will do next. According to USA Today, read HERE, Manny Ramirez has requested his release by the Oakland A's, yet he still wants to play. Of course, now there is wide speculation by Yankee and non-Yankee fans that Manny would be a perfect fit in New York. Doubtful, we already have broken down outfielders, we don't need more. Read THE GHOST OF JUSTIN MAXWELL to see where I'm coming from on this.
HONORING OUR BRAVE SOLDIERS: You know I love the Military, my dad was in the reserves and I have a true appreciation for what these brave men and women do to protect us. Military nights have been popping up all over sporting events the past 10 years and I love it, we need more of it. Just a quick nugget that’s important to me because I’ve been to the Newark Bears Stadium quite a few times. Read HERE. They are having a Military night on June 21st at 530pm. Sgt. Slaughter will be there and it’s just a great way to get out there, meet the Bears players, Sgt. Slaughter and honor the brave men and women of this great nation…and, as my friend Scott would say, “It all goes back to wrestling.”SPECIAL THANKS: Just wanted to note that I appreciate Yankees Fans Unite for mentioning our piece on Andy Pettitte recently titled THE WONDER & AMAZEMENT OF ANDY PETTITTE. Also, thanks to Bronx Baseball Daily for picking up our piece called THE NOT-SO-GREAT CATCHER THAT BECAME A CATCHER, in reference to Jesus Montero. Thanks guys. Always love reading you.
FILE UNDER "AWESOME: This has nothing to do with baseball and everything to do with talent. My wife likes this recording artist Karmen and I have to tell you, there are a ton of their videos online. This girl kills, she's so talented. You need to watch this video. Enjoy it, I did.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017