Wednesday, May 9, 2012

MARIANO; "DOCTORS FOUND BLOOD CLOT IN MY CALF"

The Daily News posted this story a short time ago that Mariano Rivera was informed doctors found a blood clot in his right calf.  Doctors found the clot while they were checking him out Monday.  As you might remember BYB and other publications were reporting on Monday that Rivera was facing "complications".  But, at the time those complications were unknown.  Now we know. Rivera told the Daily News that he stayed overnight at the hospital Monday as a result of the blood clot and he is on blood thinners. 

So what does this mean for the surgery Rivera needs to have to repair his ACL?  Well doctors have told him that he needs to strengthen the knee and his range of motion before surgery. It will likely be a couple weeks until the surgery.  Rivera was asked what this means for his comeback and as you can imagine he really has to wait and see.  Rivera said:

"I just want to take it day by day, because I don’t want to put a limit or time frame on my mind saying, ‘Okay, I want to be ready for this time.’ If it doesn’t happen, I might be disappointed. I just want to take it one day at a time and work hard; that I can guarantee you. I will work hard to come back as soon as I can.”


Look, is this a setback for Mo and the Yankees?  Maybe or maybe not.  But, Rivera's health is the most important thing in all of this.  I'm no doctor but maybe if he didn't get injured the doctors may have never found this clot and it could have been worse?  Who knows.  All I do know is that Rivera is a warrior so if anyone is going to overcome these obstacles and setbacks its him.

Of course, BYB will bring you any news we hear regarding Rivera.  Trust me, when we hear it we bring it right to you!


--Mikey Blue, BYB Senior Writer
Email: DonnieBaseball2323@gmail.com
Twitter: @MikeyBlu23

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017