Monday, May 7, 2012

THE BLEEDING YANKEE BLUE NEWSSTAND V


PAPELBON HAS A HEART?: Jonathan Papelbon feels bad for Mariano Rivera? I'm shocked.I didn't think that guy had a heart.  Read HERE.
Look, Mariano has been a fighter and one of the top competitor's of the game for years.  He also happens to be one of the most likable guys I have ever men, as well as if you were to ask anyone who has competed against him over the years. Papelbon happens to be one of those guys who not only admires Mo, but respects him.  Here's what Papelbon said of Mo:

"It's kind of hard to put into words... I've always said that he's the godfather of this role. It's just tough to see your leader, your idol... it's really hard to comprehend."

Wow. I think I may have a whole new respect for Jonathan Papelbon...that is until we meet the Phillies in the World Series.  That being said, it's a touching quote.  


FLAHERTY EATING A BROWNIE... AND IN OTHER TWEETS: That's right, I was confused too, but then I saw the tweet from Bob Lorenz who apparently took a picture of John Flaherty eating what looks like a brownie and I had to laugh. I was suddenly drug into the conversation by Josie (a terrific BYB reader) because I once called Bob Lorenz a bad ass! And there you go... instant BYB Newsstand material.

 Guaranteed you've never seen Flaherty eating a brownie... EVER. Enjoy this.



JETER IS CREEPING TOWARD GWYNN: Just a reminder that Derek Jeter is creeping up the all time hits list.  Currently he has 3136 and almost up to Tony Gwynn and his total of 3141, that's 18th on the list.  Jeter's season so far has been magical and I hope the hits just keep on coming.  Read the full list HERE.
 JUST PLAIN BRILLIANT: Surfing the net, you find alot of things.  This past weekend, I found something quite witty and entertaining.  This guy named Drew Condell put together a piece which appears to be during last years playoffs against the Yankees and Tigers.  It was right about the time when everyone was questioning Al Alburquerque, the Tigers pitcher's, name.  This is not only clever, it's brilliant and Drew has a ton of videos on the net, you need to check them out, I was rolling last night.

BRAVO TO THE METS... WAIT...WHAT? I am a diehard Yankee fan, you know that, but I need to give kudos to the New York Mets for something they did to honor Beastie Boy Adam Yauch, who passed away on Friday due to cancer. Read HERE.  You see, I am a huge Beastie Boys fan but it all started for me when they released Paul's Boutique, probably the most underrated Beastie Boys album of our generation. The entire album was uploaded on YouTube and I found it, it's right here:
On Friday, all 9 New York Mets starters played Beastie Boys music as their walk up songs.Read HERE.  You got to love that.  To Adam Yauch's family, my prayers are with you, Adam and the Beastie Boys have been a soundtrack in my head practically my entire life. Thank you! Rest in Peace.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017