Tuesday, April 3, 2012

WHY THE YANKEES LOST TO METS...WEIRD, RIGHT?

The Yankees played the Mets in Port St. Lucie today and it was a beautiful day...unless you were Ivan Nova who got hit hard. Nova gave up 5 runs on 8 hits and 2 walks in just 2 2/3 innings. That's plain lousy but don't give up on Nova yet. Sometimes pitchers have bad ruts and to be honest, it's nothing to worry about, yet, it's April and it's not even Opening day.

You think Nova feels bad about today? Here's what he told reporters after the game... "This is the worst day of my life... I wasn't pitching right. I felt good today, but I couldn't throw my fastballs for strikes and I couldn't locate my pitches, and I don't feel good about it." That's the guy I want on my team!

So yeah, the Yankees lost 7-6 on a Mets walk-off. It happens and it's allowed to happen now...no one cares, unless your a Met's fan that hangs on any glimmer of hope.
Other highlights have to be Nick Swisher who cranked out a homer off Mike Pelfrey in the 4th inning.

David Phelps and DJ Mitchell relieved Nova and pitched 4 innings of 1 run ball. Mike Montgomery was pitching when Ike Davis cranked one out for the walk off win for the Mets. Game over 7-6. Read HERE. Oh well, but let's not get crazy.

Tomorrow is the last Spring training game before Opening Day. It's been announced that Andy Pettitte will pitch one inning tomorrow. That will be great to see.

It was also announced that Jorge Vazquez was released by the Yankees. We had written the other day in BYB YANKEE NUGGETS FOR SUNDAY that Vazquez either wanted to be called up by the Yankees or play somewhere else. Guess what, he won't be playing for the Yankees. The best of luck to Jorge Vazquez.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017