Tuesday, January 3, 2012

WHY NAKAJIMA HAS TO BE A SIGN & TRADE

Unless the Yankees can convince Hiroyuki Nakajima to be a bench player with the mighty New York Yankees, the Yanks are either not signing him at all or they will sign and flip him for starting pitching. That’s been my theory all along and I really can’t see much more happening with this. Jack Curry of YES has tweeted HERE that unless the Yanks and Nakajima can decide on a one year deal, this isn't happening. Thank God Jack gets the real story for us, all the speculation is silly now. All i have to say is....come on, seriously? What are we doing here?

The deadline to sign Nakajima is Friday. At that point if the Yankees don’t sign him, they don’t have to pay the $2 million posting fee. That’s a little tid-bit many have failed to report. It’s an important part of this especially when you see a lot of people suggesting on twitter that the Yankees are “wasting” $2 million. Sure, I guess one can make an argument that they are wasting money if they sign a backup shortstop from Japan when there are much cheaper alternatives right here in the states, but bottom line is, if the Yankees don't sign Nakajima, they don't pay that posting fee, it’s worth noting. Read about it HERE. Hell, I would argue that this is all just a big waste of time unless the Yankees can sign and flip Nakajima to a team for a decent #2 or #3 starter, but that’s just my opinion. The speculation surrounding this has clearly absorbed me... because my only other theory on this ridiculous story is that maybe the Yankees were trying to cock block the Red Sox or another eastern division rival from winning exclusive negoiation rights with Nakajima. Maybe? Who knows, the bottom line is, it's puzzling, I'm tired and it's time I went to sleep. After all, I thought pitching was the Yankees priority, wasn't it?

Geez, I can’t wait until baseball starts…. How man days until Spring Training? 43? Bring it on baby… bring it on.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017