Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WHY EDWIN JACKSON COULD BE BRONX BOUND

Jon Heyman just tweeted alittle while ago that the Yankees met with Scott Boras about Edwin Jackson. When I read the name Edwin Jackson these days, the only thing I think about is 5 years, $60 million, the numbers that Boras wants for his client. Then I disappear into the bathroom... vomit and come back out ready to get sick again. Boras may be good at what he does, but he's ruining the game I love. No one in their right mind would sign Edwin Jackson for that much money and that many years. I've said all along, maybe 2 years and you go from there.

According to Heyman, read HERE, Hal told Boras the Yankees will think about the right deal for Edwin Jackson. If this is true, I'm worried. Why? Because the last time Cashman was ready to stand pat, Randy Levine and the Streinbrenner brothers met in the back alley and came back with a sack of money for Rafael Soriano, money that Brian Cashman really didn't want to spend on the guy. Look, I'm being realistic, I am not quite sure Edwin Jackson is the right fit in the Bronx and at least I've been consistent with that opinion.

Look, if anything else happens with this story, we'll bring it to you, but for now, know it's out there and try not to have a nightmare tonight.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter
@BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017