Monday, December 26, 2011

WHY HIROKI'S NO-ROKI

I have no idea what that headline means. Clearly I am brain dead after a ton of toys arrived to my house this Christmas and no Yankee news, bad combination I guess. The reality is Wally Matthews of ESPN is throwing out there that the Yankees have no real intention on offering Hiroki Kuroda a contract and Wally’s theory is that the Yankees reasoning of being interested in the 37 year old in he first place was simply orchestrated to drive up the price for the evil Red Sox. Anyway, you can read Wally HERE.

According to a “baseball source” that talked to Matthews, the price for Kuroda is to high and not in the Yankees budget. I choked on my sandwich when I read that. We are talking about the Yankees right? It just sounds so weird to hear that a pitcher isn’t in the Yankees budget, considering that is what Hall Steinbrenner wanted as soon as the Playoffs ended. But hey... that’s where we are right now… The World of Wait.

Kuroda would have wanted a deal worth between $12 and $13 million. We are currently running a poll on BYB asking whether or not the Yankees should go for Kuroda. You should vote, and once the results have concluded, we’ll write up a post and discuss the results. I can’t wait, it will be really really fun and exciting… more fun and exciting than the Yankees off-season that is.

Oh Snap!…. That’s right, I went there.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017