Thursday, November 17, 2011

YANKEE RUMORS & BYB: PART 12

Grady Sizemore: Grady’s 29 years old and had some injuries that held him back, but if you look at his numbers before those injuries, he was one of the greatest center fielders of his time. Would I welcome Grady to the Yankees? I would, but to be honest, it’s a roll of the dice. I guess similarly to an Eric Chavez, who is a great ballplayer, there is always the chance he could get hurt if the Yankees were to sign him. I've always appreciated Sizemore's guts though. While Chavez was out a lot this season, when he was in the lineup, he contributed. Grady Sizemore can no doubt be a quality outfielder for the Yankees and if healthy, he could be a tad better than Nick Swisher. Thinking about this rumor for the past 24 hours, I believe Grady could be a good addition to the Yankees. Here is the latest piece connecting Grady to the Yankees, HERE.

Eric Chavez: Speaking of Chavez, news comes out of GM Meetings-land that Brian Cashman received a voicemail from Chavez's agent telling Cash he wants to come back next season. Read about it HERE. I like the sound of that and although I've nicknamed Chavez Mr. Fragile, there is not doubt, I love the guy, his heart, and his toughness. Chavez had an important role last season and he executed well...alittle third base, alittle first base and a nice bat. Having Chavez back on the Yankees roster, at a reasonable price will make me happy.

Tim Lincecum: Speaking yesterday at the GM Meetings, Brian Cashman made it clear that he wouldn’t deal Jesus Montero unless it was a unique type of situation. Let’s be honest, trading for Tim Lincecum is considered a unique type of situation. Right now you have the Giants trying to lock up Lincecum to a long term deal and you have Tim Lincecum who’d rather go year to year. Read it HERE. Clearly the Giants are uneasy with that, because if they weren’t they’d do what their ace wanted. Things are bubbling in San Francisco and while I’m one of few driving the Lincecum train, I believe there’s something to it. My opinion of course.

CJ Wilson: Cashman is a genius and I say that because he plays off players as he’s not totally interested and then pounces. I'm not sure about CJ Wilson though. Look, there's no denying, both parties, the Yankees and Bob Garber, Wilson’s agent are kind to each other using the media to get the word out. They are not slamming each other and the reality is, I really think Garber wants to make a deal to get Wilson to the Bronx. Cashman though, seems to be playing hard to get and with word today that Wilson wants 6 years, $120 million, well... I think he's dreaming. Read it HERE. Yes the Yankees have that money, but the Yankees would be fools to pay that to CJ Wilson. I'd counter with 4 years $65 and see if they could meet in the middle. $120? No way. Stay tuned for this one.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017