Wednesday, November 16, 2011

WHY THERE'S FEAR IN LOSING MONTERO

Jesus Montero gave us a taste of his future this past fall and it was glorious. He can hit, no question about it and with at least 80% of Yankeeland was screaming at the top of their lungs over hte past 24 hours that Jesus Montero needs to stay in pinstripes. There are 20% that believe that a pitching upgrade via trade may be better for the New York Yankees and everyone involved, especially if one of our kids, Jesus Montero were the piece that was to seal the deal for a top starter landing in the Bronx...be it Tim Lincecum or Felix Hernandez or the like.

Look, I get it, I do, I loved what I saw in Montero and hell, if there are free agents that are good enough to make #2 and #3 rotation guys and there is no need to unload Jesus Montero then why do it? It doesn’t make sense, right?

I don’t make these rumors up, I read them like you. I find them as nuggets in local papers and read tweets from legitamate sources. Every day there are stories on the Internet about names being floated and prospects being suggested and to be honest, these "baseball analysts" may act like they know something but no-one is going to give them real, true information unless their deal is complete. Why risk sabotaging a deal... you know what I mean? Lately, many stories are connected to the New York Yankees. I guess it’s a curse. Yankee Rumors are exciting because it’s a top team with 27 championships… Pirates rumors are not so exciting, you know what I mean? Seeing rumors about the possibility of Tim Lincecum for Jesus Montero may seem silly, but it’s out there. Will it happen? Doubtful. Could it happen? Anything could happen. I do however see Brian Cashman pulling the trigger on Montero if the right pitching trade proposal falls in his lap. Cashman won’t just give up Montero, but I know he’s not afraid to do it. No one is untouchable.

For now, we have Jesus Montero in pinstripes, and that’s exciting. Today it was reported that the Yankees don't want him playing winter ball. Read it HERE. To me, that's an indication they don't want the kid getting hurt and he'll be sticking around New York. I like this kid, no question and he carries himself like a New York Yankee and he hits like nothing I’ve seen in a long time. He’s confident at the plate. He stands with confidence and he’s an animal with the bat. There’s nothing better and I pray we go into Spring Training with he still as a Yankee, fired up and ready to go.

But with all that happiness for Jesus, all I’m saying is, don’t be surprised if the right trade comes across Cashman’s desk. He wants to win just like you and me and if it looks right, it could happen. One thing is for sure though, if he doesn’t and if Jesus Montero continues to be a New York Yankee in 2012 and beyond, it will be one of the smarted moves the Yankees have ever made, we'll stand pat... with a potential superstar… the coming of Jesus…Montero.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017