Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WHY FALL IS THE WORLD SERIES & THE GREAT PUMPKIN

October is always better when the Yankees are in the World Series, but they’re not this year. End of Story. So when that happens, The thing that brightens my October nights the most is "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." What the hell am I talking about? Well, only the best God damn cartoon about Halloween ever. Before my kids were born, I bought It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown for myself. I watched it every year right around Halloween because, while it used to be an event as a kid, as an adult, it's not exactly appointment television. As an adult, there's so much going on, so having it on DVD helps.

Back when we were kids, it was a big event.



I still remember the CBS Special Presentation animation run and my parents would get me popcorn and I’d sit in front of the TV with your footie pajamas on watching Linus looking like a fool out in the pumpkin patch. It was about believing in something so strongly, you’d do just about anything to be apart of it. That my friends was Linus, as crazy as that kid was, you needed to respect it. He wanted to believe. Here’s a clip:

Now I'll be watching with my kids this Saturday night, just like I've been doing for many years with them, it's alot of fun. The Peanuts have a ton of great cartoons and the Thanksgiving one will be next, followed by Christmas. Believe it or not there’s even a Valentine's Day one and an Arbor day one. But after It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, my other favorite without a doubt is the baseball one, "You're a good man, Charlie Brown". Here’s a clip:

Call me a kid at heart, but there’s something about Charlie Brown and baseball that just puts me in the right mood. It reminds me of the World Series and childhood I guess.

What’s your favorite Charlie Brown cartoon? Tell us... comment.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017