Saturday, June 11, 2011

WHY IT'S OFFICIAL


So let it be spoken, so let it be done…again. Andy Pettitte has no desire to pitch again. Pettitte told Michael Kay, “I’m not dying to be playing baseball right now. I’m absolutely loving being home.”

Look, if I didn't hear anything about it and it just lingered, I'd be skeptical, but these are Andy’s words and I think he is probably one of the most honest guys in baseball. I’m not going to lie, while I knew he retired and was ready to be home with the family, I was hoping his wife was pushing him to get him back on the mound. However, that does not appear be happening and I’m OK with it.
Let’s face it, Andy gave us some incredible years and we can’t be selfish and sit here expecting him to come back. Pettitte played some incredible games and helped the Yankees win five rings, so all we can do is say “thank you.Lord knows I look forward to the day the Yankees retire number 46. For many of you young fans, this guy is to you what Ron Guidry was to me, a solid gamer with no complaining, no bitching….just pure grit and heart. You have to love the way Andy rode out into the sunset. Yes, selfishly, we didn’t want it to end but let’s respect this man. Andy Pettitte deserves his time, so we should give it to him.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

1 comment:

  1. Thank u for taking my two favorite pitchers of all time n placing them n one blog!!!! This is priceless!!!! Simple amazing the work u guys do!!!
    Thanks from all the cajun Yankee fans!! Kiley @jeteran_02

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017