Tuesday, March 1, 2011

WHY THERE'S AN ANXIOUS CURIOSITY

Jack Curry of YES has his finger on the Liriano pulse and his sighting of what seemed to be Terry Ryan, the senior advisor to the GM for the Twins taking notes at the Yankees Pirates game today was probably spot on. Something's lingering. Read the piece HERE

The best part of Jack's post was Curry questioned Ryan about why he was there and if it had anything to do with the trade chatter of Liriano and the Yanks. Ryan said "We have people covering them. I'm not". I think he is. He said he was scouting the Pirates. I don't believe that, do you?

Why would there be crazy trade talk and suddenly Terry Ryan just happens to be covering the Pirates at the game today?

Look, I'm not the best person to ask about trade talks when it comes to Cashman, because I never believe him. And that's what makes him the master. He's a liar. That's not a bad thing, it's to get people off his trail. He said that he hasn't talked to the Twins about a Liriano trade. I say this: The rumor had to start somewhere, and it usually starts with an agent or a team or an unidentified person in a clubhouse that heard Cashman say the name "Liriano" while on his cell phone buying a hot dog next to the Steinbrenber statue in Tampa. My point is, we all didn't just decide to write about Liriano and the Yanks one morning, there's a source and my guess is, Cashman is denying what he's doing on purpose. Guess what? Let him.

I believe Liriano is coming to New York. I think the conversations with the Twins are positive and moving slow because of what the Twins want in return. Now, if you know anything about Brian Cashman, you know he's a genius when it comes to unloading players that won't upset the fan base. It's tactical and it's brilliant. But who? Stay tuned.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017