Tuesday, March 22, 2011

WHY ESPN MADE MY EARS BLEED

Today, most of us Yankee fans would have put on the YES network for the Yankees vs. Orioles ball game. Listening to Ken Singleton and John Flaherty to me, is always more comforting than listening to anyone on ESPN. But, I decided to watch it on ESPN anyway. Believe me, if I didn't have this blog, I would have totally ignored John Kruk and Karl Ravech, but because of BYB, I did. Big mistake.

The obsession with the Orioles today was incredible. It was almost as if the Orioles had led the AL East for the past 10 years and had been overly dominant in baseball. At one point, Buck Showalter had a few moments to be interviewed with the ESPN boys and if I wanted to hear that much slobbering, I would have recorded my wife and I on our first date. No, this was embarrassing. This was beyond anything that “real” sports people do, especially if your supposed to be calling a game independently. They interviewed Showalter. Fine. You should do that. But what they did was not only conduct an interview they held the all mighty Showalter on a pedestal, rewarding him on turning the Orioles around. They were highlighting all his “achievements” as manager of the Orioles. It was like equating him to Christ.

Look, I give credit where credit is due. Showalter is a great manager, the Orioles won a lot more games with Showalter last year than without him. But last time I checked, this was Spring training game today and the Orioles still haven’t won shit. Oh yeah, and let's not forget what topped it off for me. Jake Fox, an Orioles player and a journeymen in baseball since 2007, hit his 8th homerun of the spring and they were drooling through my 1080i HD set like it was Mantle. I mean, yeah, 8 home runs in spring is great, but who the hell is keeping that stat after today? Seriously. I turned it off because it was pathetic.

Why is ESPN so Anti-Yankees? I would almost have more respect for Kruk and Ravech if they just let us know before hand they were going to opening root for the Orioles today. For some reason, they seem to have it all figured out. They basically just predicted the Orioles are about the dominate the American League East next year. Bold prediction. For the love of God gentlemen, check your bias at the door, you don’t represent either team, your “baseball” announcers… act like it.

Anti-Yankee bias once again Ladies and Gentlemen… do me a favor, never make the mistake that I did today. Instead, watch what makes you happy, our guys. They may be Yankee announcers, but at least they're fair.

Oh and in Yankee news today, a few brief pieces of information:

  • Sergio Mitre started today and pretty much sealed his fate to get moved out of the Yankees roster and hopefully move Freddy Garcia in as a candidate for the long man role. Read about it HERE.
  • Curtis Granderson is out with a "oblique strain" injury. Hmm. A lot of oblique injuries lately. Is this a coincidence or should we question training methods? Just asking. First Joba, then Mitre, now Grandy. Just a thought. Read about it HERE.

9 days BYB freaks...feel it, baseball season's coming.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

2 comments:

  1. orioles are overrated but espn has a thing for boston i mean there acting like the sox are gonna rout us when i believe we are better at more positons

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017