Thursday, January 6, 2011

WHY ANDY IS COMFORT

Andy Pettitte brings comfort to the all Yankee fans. He's been apart of 5 championships and the story we've been hearing from Yankee brass is they want Andy but it's up to Andy. Ok... that's all true, but when will they finally reach out and make an offer? Or have they and Andy's just crapping around?

My question is this: If Andy Pettitte decides he wants to retire, why would you then switch gears and bolster the rotation with a Rafael Soriano? I love Soriano, don't get me wrong, I think he'd be an aminal in New York. If he's willing to be a setup man for Mariano and eventually be the closer for New York once Mo retires, it would be incredible. Add, Joba, Robertson, Feliciano to the mix and we have something. But this is the problem in my opinion, The Yanks are then suggesting that Mitre and Nova in the 4th and 5th spot can't get out of the 5th inning and you end up overworking your bullpen by July. Right? Am I in Bizarro World right now? My thinking is, if Andy hangs it up, get an innings eater starter. Get an experienced starter who can get you more innings and they can become the 4th or 5th starter. A Millwood, while he's aged the past 3 years, he had a decent career, AND, his health record is a hell of alot better than a Freddy Garcia or Bartolo Colon or a Jeff Francis. You just need alittle experience. And I'm not saying Millwood's better than those other guys, I'm just saying this is what we have to work with if Andy retires so let's find that missing piece.

And while I'm on that note, why can't we have both? Why can't we have a Freddy Garcia type AND a Rafael Soriano too? We have the money, We are the New York Yankees damn it. What are we saving it for? Pujols?

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017