Tuesday, October 19, 2010

WHY CC SHOULD PITCH TONIGHT... MAYBE

Talk about being deflated this morning. Can't believe that game kicked the crap out of me as much as it did. But I know why, because we were humiliated in our own house.

How does that happen? How does a team with some of the most talented and skilled hitters in the game not hit. Damn it, Cliff Lee is amazing, but he's not Jesus. Yes, He's nasty, he's resourceful, he's a smart pitcher, but watching live last night he was in the Yankees heads and that's half the battle with Lee. . Could I get out there and hit him? No. But I'm not making millions to do so, you get my point.


There's nothing more to say and I'm just ranting because it was shocking how we were shut down. Btw, side note, another great perspective of last nights massacre is on Pinstripe Alley , check it out.


So, we're down but not out. But times ticking. I'm used to the Yankees winning... every body is, even guy who hate the Yankees. Even guys like my good friend who's a Tigers fan. He respects the Yankees, he respects Jeter's ability and squeaky clean image, but HATES the Yankees. I think he has a tattoo that reads "I hate the Yankees". But look, back to my point, this team is great and they can be scary. Sometimes they can also look heartless. Bottom line is this: It's the ALCS and no one comes into our house and makes us look bad. So things need to change. But what will be different about tonight? This is what I think:


Girardi will put in Berkman to replace Thames. Shake up the DH. I think he may move Granderson to the 2 hole, because ones again in the Playoffs, Swisher's bat has dissapeared. And my biggest concern is the pitching. I do not think AJ gets the call tonight. I think CC Monster makes a short rest appearance. Is this possible? Dicey but yes. Here's why its alittle dicey. My feeling is if CC pitches tonight and wins,the series is tied 2-2. Then what? Maybe Burnett for Game 5? If they win, they win at home. Or maybe it's Hughes in the Bronx, but short rest for a young arm scares me. Then it's a weird situaion becuase them we're going back to Texas. Whomever doesn't pitch in Game 5 has to pitch Game 6. And if they also win, it's over, if they lose, at least you have Game 7 with Pettitte. Am I wrong? Who knows.. Comment.


Whomever it is, Yanks need to show up tonight. The Ranger's Tommy Hunter is someone I'm not familiar with. The Yanks need to strike early if AJ's pitching tonight. AJ needs to trust his stuff. Don't aim AJ, you suck when you do that. Channel your old buddy Halladay. We need you now, more than ever.


Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017