Tuesday, April 23, 2019

I'M NOT INTERESTED IN THE SECOND STRING YANKEES


I know the Yankees won last night.  But I'm gonna be honest with you... my heart's not in this season. The stars are gone... hurt... out, and for me, as a life long Yankee fan, I am not so interested in watching and taking it all in. It's a different dynamic for me right this second.  It makes me me uninterested, makes the season for me not watchable. I'm bored, folks. Very, very bored.

Don't get on me about being a traitor or a fake fan. You are all insane. I was there for the years of Bobby Meacham. I remember reading about the dark days starring Horace Clarke.  My feeling is simple; These are not the Yankees we thought we were getting on Opening Day, and for me, with so much going on in my own life, I could honestly care less about finding the time to sit on my couch and watch players like Gio Urshela and Thairo Estrada. No offense to those guys... it's just not the same.


I mean we just signed Brad Miller to a minor league deal.  Brad Miller? Do you even know who Brad Miller is? And is that gonna help us now? Like right now? Nope.

So now you hear it. Now you know what I'm feeling these days. Yes, the Yankees will still be the Yankees, but the stars, the guys my kids look up to... the guys I wanted to see at the stadium are just not there.  Having CC Sabathia on the mound every 5 days is great, but for me, that doesn't cut it anymore. Injury has ruined this team and you gotta wonder if it's gonna turn around. It blows!

Why us? Why are we plagued with injury? Why is there so much injury?  And why is it taking so damn long for them all to recover.


And why does this season blow so badly? What happened that there is this change.  Boone's not giving us answers because he's a puppet. Cashman's silent other than updating us on injury.  I mean... did you see the video clip of Aaron Judge when asked about his injury? That pause will be stuck in my head for years. Go to 37 seconds in...

There's no way around it... the Yankees are a lost team, and I don't care what anyone says. These are not my Yankees.  These are a bunch of second stringers and a few veterans holding it all together.  And yes, there is still a goal... to win the whole damn thing, but honestly, my heart's not in it.  I'm kind of turned off.

Don't like what I have to say? Don't read it. 

Wanna criticize me for being a bad Yankee fan? You don't get to determine how I root or don't root... that's subjective. I'm annoyed, I'm aggravated and I could care less right this second.  

The real Yankees need to get healthy. That's who I want to watch. Until then... well, you get the idea.



Mike O'Hara's New Website

2 comments:

  1. I agree 100% with your assesment. There is too much to do in life then sit around watching AAA baseball players. No thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least you admit you're a crappy fan. Kudos to you there. Players get hurt and you no longer care. Gotcha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017