Wednesday, December 20, 2017

BETANCES HAS TO STEP IT UP & HE KNOWS IT

Photo: New York Post
Pete Caldera of the Bergen Record is my friend.  I love that...and I love this piece he has out.  Check it out if you get a chance... it's here.  If you want the short version, Dellin Betances spoke out about his role with the New York Yankees and what he needs to do to get in the good graces of Yankee brass and his teammates. In a nutshell... he needs to prove himself.

Photo: Getty Images
"In each of the last four seasons, Yankees’ setup man Dellin Betances has made the AL All-Star team. Yet, as 2018 nears, 'I’m taking it as I have to prove myself.’ This isn’t a new approach for Betances, who didn’t find success until he was switched to the bullpen.

'I feel I’m a lot better than what the numbers show,’ said Betances, who pitched to a 5.59 ERA over his final 12 regular season games. 'I know I’m capable of doing a lot better.’

'I want to have a big part in the next championship. And if I’m the pitcher I can be, I can definitely help and be a big piece to this team.'’’


Now look, Betances has had his moments, and fans have become frustrated with him at times, but we have to put it in perspective... this is a kid and he will get over the hump. 

It's funny... I think back to the days of the 'Killer B's' and how the Yankees had so much hope in Betances, Andrew Brackman and Manny Banuelos.  Well... Betances is still with the Yankees and the others are long gone.

He's got the tools. I just hope maturity kicks in for this kid. If it does, we will see improvement.  I just like this kid and want him to succeed in pinstripes.

Anyway...I had to share Caldera's piece.  Hope you check it out.

BYB "Family Member" Merchandise for sale


http://shrsl.com/?hb22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017