Friday, August 5, 2016

FIVE TOOL PLAYER? YEAH, WE'VE GOT THAT!

"I play like it's the last time I'm going to be on that field." - Clint Frazier


When I read that it gave me chills. That is the new attitude that the Yankees have to go with their new youth movement and it makes me so excited. Clint Frazier has a fire in him that isn't going to be put out. He is going to be contagious in the clubhouse and he is going to make the rest of the team want to win. The Yankees picked up a firecracker and a kid that is so crazy talented he is being compared to big league stars.

A five tool player is like finding a needle in a hay stack....you just don't find them often. A five tool player is defined as: an athletic position player (non-pitcher) who excels at hitting for average, hitting for power, base running skills and speed, throwing ability, and fielding abilities. Angels outfielder Mike Trout would be an example of a five tool player and scouts are already drawing comparisons to him. "Everyone who goes in to watch him always comes out and says, this is one of the quickest bat speeds I have ever seen. Combine that with his plus raw power and his plus raw speed. This is the kid with the upside — the raw power, the tools, the athleticism and the risk" said one scout. Read that HERE.

"Stronger kid than his frame leads you to believe. He’s put together. Generates his power from raw strength and plus bat speed. Plays the game hard at all times." said another scout. He is already projected to be a 20 steal and 20 home run player by some scouts but based on what Frazier has said it took a lot of work to get him to this point. He had a lot of doubters saying he would never be good enough or strong enough to make it. "It’s more like playing with a chip on my shoulder. When I was younger, a lot of people talked about me being undersized, that I was not going to be able to play at this level," read more HERE.

It looks like that chip on his shoulder has served him well. Sometimes hearing someone tell you that you can't do something is all the motivation you need. It sounds like Frazier has had to endure a lot to get to this point but it's paying off. This is the story kids everywhere need to hear and remember when they watch him in the Bronx.


So when can we expect to see Frazier? Maybe sooner rather than later. Hal Steinbrenner left us all with a teaser when he said “quite frankly, you could see next year.” The idea of adding Frazier into the outfield gives me goosebumps. Adding Frazier into the outfield with Jacoby Ellsbury and Brett Gardner would be an improvement from this year and would give the Yankees more versatility and I can already tell this kid has nerves of steel “I play as hard as I can. I’m going to go out there and I’m not going to be afraid to run into a wall to catch a ball. I’m going to dive for a ball. I’m going to try to make a play at all times." Now that is what I am talking about!

Frazier describes himself as "intense" and "uber confident" and it's a nice change. This is the new vision of the New York Yankees. It's the beginning of a new era and Frazier has the tools and the attitude to go along with it. The Yankees have a five tool player and it's about damn time.




 --Jeana Bellezza, BYB Senior Writer & Editor
  Follow me on Twitter: @NYPrincessJ




  Shop BYB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017