Friday, July 8, 2016

REMEMBER MARK MONTGOMERY? THIS ISN'T HIM


I was intrigued when I read about a Montgomery down on the farm doing great things for the New York Yankees.  You see, I'm a Mark Montgomery guy, and I was hoping what I was about to read was about him, but I was wrong.

This story is about a kid named Jordan Montgomery. Pinstriped Prospects and Thunder Media Relations has this story but in a nutshell, he's having great success with the Thunder this season:

(Photo Credit: Martin Griff)
"Montgomery tossed seven scoreless inningsfor the Thunder to pick up his eitgth win of the season. His ERA lowers to 2.47 on the season as his record improves to 8-3." 

It's always great to see success from the kids, especially when you are not familiar with them. I haven't been playing close, close attention to the youth movement recently down there. It's a nice nugget this morning.


Oh, and if you're wondering about Mark Montgomery, he's still with the Yankees.  In fact he was with Trenton too for bit, now with Scranton.  In 9 games with Thunder he has 5 saves, a 1.80 ERA and 15 strikeouts in 10 innings pitched.  He's doing even better in Scranton. I'm hoping to see that Montgomery up real soon too!  We wrote about Mark a while back on BYB.  Check out that archived piece called MARK MONTGOMERY: THE NEXT BIG THING.

Good luck to both of these kids!


20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017