Monday, January 11, 2016

DEATH OF AN ICON


Growing up in the 70's and 80's, there was no one better than David Bowie.  It's funny, there have been conversations with my friends over my recent years and they'll say to me, "Who do you like better, Beatles or Stones?"  I don't dislike the Beatles... but I just like the Stones more and I'd say that. That's usually followed by.... "and Bowie." 


Bowie evolved with the times.  Bowie made you think.  Bowie was able to do music that at the time may have even seemed shocking, but when you sat back and saw the body of work... it would prove genius.  Space Oddity. Heroes. Rebel Rebel. Let's Dance. Life on Mars? China Girl. Golden Years. Modern Love. Obviously I could go on and on.

His duets with Bing Crosby and Mick Jagger were instant classics. His music will last forever.


I just downloaded BlackStar last night on iTunes not having any idea that Bowie was sick with Cancer. 

The album is Bowie-que once again, and will become one of the biggest of his career because of the timing.  Listening to it this morning as I trek to work, I can't help but wonder if he put this together knowing he was going to die of cancer.  Listening to the words... it almost seems like the genius had struck again.

Rest in Peace David Bowie.  My home continues to play your music, and now we will more than ever.  You always got it right.  Always.

20% Off Sitewide at SteinerSports.com with code NEWYEAR20 


Thank you for your loyalty to Bleeding Yankee Blue. 
Please shop at the BYB store!  
On Twitter: @BleednYankeeBlu 
On Facebook, LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue!
Don't forget to check out the BYB Hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017