Wednesday, December 16, 2015

CC MONSTER IS A BIG TEDDY BEAR


You know how much I love and appreciate the gamer in CC Sabathia!  And for those of you who don't know why we refer to him as CC Monster here at BYB, let's review.  Years ago when my 6 year old was much tinier, he liked Cookie Monster on Sesame Street.  I also had plenty of Yankee baseball on and they witnessed me watching, and rooting for CC.  Somewhere along the way, CC Sabathia's name changed. 


One day watching the game, I heard, 'CC Monster' and the name just stuck in my house, and so, the gamer, the tough guy, the hard nosed lefty in CC Sabathia became a role model and gained a bunch of fans in my home.  CC Monster lives, and while he's that monster on the mound, he's also a big Teddy Bear. 


As many of you know, we stand with CC as he tackles his alcohol addiction, and we appreciate everything he and Amber do for the less fortune.  They are simply tops!

Wally Matthews of ESPN has a terrific piece today about CC and not only about him getting ready for the 2016 season, but the charity work he's doing with the New York Yankees.  You really can't dislike CC Sabathia, folks.  For those who do because of his recent struggles... get educated.

Matthews writes:


" CC Sabathia was at Yankee Stadium on Wednesday afternoon to take part in the New York Yankees annual holiday food drive to benefit the city's needy...'I always come in to work out here a couple of times a week in the offseason,' Sabathia said.

Sabathia -- who has two years left on the five-year, $122 million contract he signed right after the 2011 season -- says he is well ahead physically of where he usually is at this point of the offseason.


'I'm probably light years ahead, being able to fully work out and do the things I want to do totally healthy,' said Sabathia, who appeared noticeably lighter than he had been at the end of the season.

'My workouts are a lot more tougher but it's kind of what I need at this point in my career... I'm definitely looking forward to getting back out there... I'm ready to get to spring training. I'm kind of excited. Usually at this point I'm ready to get down to Florida, but the weather has been so nice here that I'm enjoying New York here, so it's been good."

Say what you want about Sabathia.  The guy's no quitter.  I am revved up to see this dude in 2016, and hopefully he'll prove the doubters wrong and have a successful season.  After all, it's a new year... with that year, comes a clean slate for this CC Monster fan.

Great piece Wally Matthews.  Merry Christmas.

And Merry Christmas to the Sabathias as well!

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store! Follow me on Twitter@BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook! Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017