Thursday, November 19, 2015

TEIXEIRA FEELS GREAT & JEANA IS HAPPY!


Both are true!

Well, Mark Teixeira says he is feeling good so we just have to take him for his word. Me on the other hand, I can confirm with 100% accuracy that if that man truly is feeling good then I am too. You have it straight from the....writer's mouth. Corny? Yes, but good news can make me say and do crazy things and that makes an interesting blog.

I know people say "it's too early to get excited..." but I am. After reading THIS it's hard for me to not get excited. It's nice to hear that he feels Tex is on track and he is hungry. By the time January rolls around he can do his best "fast" Teixeira sprint and spring training he will be back gluten free and good as new.


Look, I feel like Teixeira was cheated last year. He had an amazing comeback year until someone screwed up a medical diagnosis. While we can't change that I can still rant about it (because let's face it...you know I will). It was nice to see the 31 home runs, and I believe that if he had not been injured he would have come close to that 100 RBI mark. He was cheated and now 2016 is his time to prove that and end the last year of his contract by kicking ass and taking names.


So what about Greg Bird? No one can take away his success last year. He opened up a lot of eyes and gained a lot of fans. I know people are ready for Bird to be on this team, whether he is the backup first baseman or not, but according to what Brian Cashman has said HERE, we are going to have to wait a while. Who knows, he may change his tune later because he does have a good poker face....but for now he sounds like he is pretty set in his ways.


I feel like it is rare these days, but I have to agree with Cashman here. I don't think using Bird as a bench player will help him develop. Let him stay down in Scranton and play everyday. Heaven forbid the Yankee injury bug shows up again then he should get the opportunity to shine here. Bird will get his time. For now, he is young and has time on his side, unlike Teixeira.


I have to admit, that while I am a huge Teixeira fan I do have a soft spot for Bird. He has a lot of potential. As much as I will hate to watch Teixeira's days come to an end this season if he has to be replaced by someone, I guess it should be Bird. I am slowly but surely coming around but for now....let me be happy and enjoy the good news on the Teixeira front.

It's not too much to ask for, right?


   

--Jeana Bellezza, BYB Senior Writer and Editor
Twitter: @NyPrincessJ 





You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017