Friday, July 17, 2015

MLB DOMESTIC ABUSE POLICY IS CLOSE


In the midst of the fanfare of the All-Star Game and the Home Run Derby, this little nugget came out at the Baseball Writers' Association of America on Tuesday. Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred confirmed that baseball is close to implementing a domestic abuse policy. "I am certain that we will have one that we will announce shortly." 


MLB PA Union chief Tony Clark was quick to chime in though he was less optimistic about how soon it would he announced. "We are closer than we have ever been to getting something in place that makes sense. I couldn't tell you tomorrow or the day after. I can simply tell you that we're close." I take that to mean that the players' union is making sure they protect their players.


I have to say that the Commissioner is certainly making it a point to do the right thing. After seeing the black eye the NFL took when they mishandled this issue, it certainly seems like a wise move. As for me, it can't come soon enough.




--Ike Dimitriadis, BYB Senior Staff Writer
Twitter: @KingAgamemnon
My blog is: Shots from Murderer's Row



Be Read. Get Known.


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017