Friday, May 1, 2015

MARK TEIXEIRA GOT HIS GROOVE BACK!


Gluten free agrees with Mark Teixeira and whatever fitness and dietary regimen he is following PLEASE don't stop. Teixeira is a notoriously slow starter but this season has been different. I need to find out exactly what this guy is eating because I am all in!

Usually when I watch games the first two months of the season I hear sports announcers talk about how Tex is a slow starter and eventually he will heat up. Just wait until June and then we get the complete version. Not this season! We are already seeing the power, and the RBIs are there. He has been key to the Yankees offense and is a big reason why the Yankees have won their last 4 series.

It's about time this guy gets some acknowledgement! On Monday Tex was named the AL payer of the week thanks to his .333BA, 5HR and 10 RBI over the last 7 games. It is his sixth time to earn the award, but he hasn't had the honor since 2010. So....it looks like shades of vintage Tex, right? If he can keep this up the Yankees are going to score a LOT of runs this year.

On Friday's game against the New York Mets Mark even hit two home runs making it his 38th multi-home run gave of his career. As excited as I was to see that....I wanted to kick myself. The night before the Mets series I picked him up on my fantasy team because I needed another hot hitter but stupid me BENCHED him. So I left 24 points on the bench and my opponent for the week our very own Erica Morales laughed at me. Lesson learned Tex....I won't be doing that anytime soon. I am going to ride the wave!


Tex and April suddenly go very well together. So well in fact, that his 8 home runs and 18 RBIs are the most he has had during the first month of the season. He is showing all of us that even though he is 35 and has had some disappointing seasons that those are in the past and he has found the winning formula.

I am really excited and encouraged by what I have seen so early into the season and you should be too! It's been a long time since we have seen a 30 home run and 100 RBI season from Tex and he is on his way. So Tex....I am sorry for benching you again. Now, can you please email me whatever regimen you are on? I am definitely inspired.



 
 --Jeana Bellezza, BYB Senior Writer and Editor
Twitter: @NyPrincessJ  





You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017