Friday, April 3, 2015

ONE OF MY FOLLOWERS GOT SUSPENDED FOR PEDs


I hate to even report this, and the fact of the matter is, it's disappointing considering what we all know about PEDs use and baseball at this point.  Sad news. Ervin Santana has been suspended for 80 games for using PEDs. Ervin is one of my followers on Twitter, so this makes it even more disappointing to report this tonight. 

According to Hardball Talk:


"The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Minnesota Twins right-handed pitcher Ervin Santana has received an 80-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance, in violation of Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Santana will be effective for the first 80 games of the 2015 regular season."

Santana put out a statement. Here's a portion of it:
"...I serve as a role model for many kids in my home country who dream of playing at the highest level. I would never put baseball, my family, or my country in a position where its integrity is jeopardized. I preach hard work, and don’t believe in short cuts. I am very disappointed that I tested positive for a performance enhancing drug. I am frustrated that I can’t pinpoint how the substance in question entered my body. I would never knowingly take anything illegal to enhance my performance. What I can guarantee is I never knowingly took anything illegal to enhance my performance. That’s just not me, never has been and never will.” “Moving forward, I need to be more careful on what I consume in my home country, I will be more vigilant of medications I take so that I don’t commit another mistake..."
I don't know. I personally like the guy, but he messed up and caught red handed.  I guess he does his suspension and we move on.

Unreal...




You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017