Friday, January 30, 2015

WHY ISN'T JOBA CHAMBERLAIN BEEN SIGNED YET?


I've never been a Joba Chamberlain hater. This is a guy that came to Bleeding Yankee Blue and we put out his note thanking the Yankee fans everywhere, EXCLUSIVELY. Remember? Read JOBA THANKS THE FANS EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH BYB! In it, he said:

"...I'm so grateful and thankful for the tremendous 7 years. Ups and downs included. It made me a better man, father, friend, and baseball player... I wouldn't be anything without the fans that supported me. I know it was hard at times but I hope they know I gave it everything I had every time I went out there."


So, in short, there's a loyalty from me personally and I would love to see Joba signed somewhere, but that hasn't happened and it's strange.  I was reading Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports who wrote this:

"Chamberlain at 29 is the youngest right-handed reliever on the open market. He had a presentable season in 2014, though his second half was sub-par, as was his performance in the playoffs. Yet, with February just days away, Chamberlain remains unsigned...

...At this point, Chamberlain knows that he is unlikely to meet his goal of a two-year deal and is considering a one-year offer with a relatively low base salary and incentives, the source said. Chamberlain made $2.5 million with the Tigers last season, and finished with a 3.57 ERA in 63 innings...

'Joba’s had some issues family-wise,' Tigers president and general manager Dave Dombrowski told the Detroit Free Press after the team clinched the AL Central. “His mom’s been very sick. People don’t realize how that has affected him at times.'

Rival executives, though, still question Chamberlain’s makeup, a concern that first surfaced during his days with the Yankees. One exec also said that it alarmed him that the Tigers, for all their bullpen troubles, are not bringing Chamberlain back.

Chamberlain is said to be working hard, and has even shaved his beard. Now, he just needs to find a new home."


What's my point to all this? Don't forget those players that made you smile... that made you excited to watch your team.  Joba was one of those guys. Joba was electric for a while there in the Bronx and he's a good egg with a few small missteps.  I'm not sure why the Tigers don't wanna bring him back.  Maybe they still can't get over the playoffs.  But what's past is past, and this guy needs a new team, no doubt.

I hope you get signed soon Joba. Yankee fans still lova ya, pal.

Hang tough.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYaneeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017