Monday, November 17, 2014

BLOCKBUSTER: BRAVES SEND JASON HEYWARD TO... WHERE?


The Braves have shipped Jason Heyward to the St. Louis Cardinals today and in exchange, they will get pitcher Shelby Miller.

Buster Olney of ESPN writes:

"Concerned that Heyward would leave as a free agent after next season and rebuilding with an eye toward their new stadium, the Braves dealt their right fielder and reliever Jordan Walden to the St. Louis Cardinals on Monday for promising pitcher Shelby Miller and a minor-leaguer."


Look, Olney also writes that Heyward "didn't live up to the hype."  Let me tell you something; I'll take Heyward in my outfield any day of the week. The dude's a stud.  Both teams got a good deal in this trade.


To be honest with you all, I didn't see this coming.  Many of you may have, and it makes sense when you understand the thinking behind the Braves decision, rebuilding, new stadium, but Heyward was a big piece of the Braves and loved in Atlanta. I'm sure he will be missed.

Side note. That "other minor leaguer" was Tyrell Jenkins. I know that only because stud pitcher Rob Kaminsky, a pitcher in the Cardinals farm system, tweeted this:
There you go.

Hey... that's baseball I guess. Moves happen... even when you least expect it.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017