Tuesday, October 28, 2014

WHEN THERE'S NO YANKEE NEWS... RECYCLE

Remember when Carlos Beltran signed a 3 year deal with the New York Yankees last winter? The deal was 3 years and $45 million. I remember the headline because it's in my bookmarks.  I read it on ESPN and it stated then:


"Free-agent outfielder Carlos Beltran has agreed to a three-year, $45 million deal with the New York Yankees, sources confirmed to ESPN.com..."

It also read: " Beltran took $3 million less to sign with the Yankees, sources told ESPNNewYork.com's Andrew Marchand. Beltran had an offer for three years and $48 million with another club. A source with knowledge of those discussions said Beltran was "down the road" with that team..."


"The Kansas City Royals, Beltran's first major league team, also pursued him. But the Royals filled their outfield void with a trade for Milwaukee's Norichika Aoki on Thursday. "

Then today, I was reading Joel Sherman of the New York Post and read this, one year later mind you:

"Kansas City actually offered more than the Yankees’ three-year, $45 million bid and its proposal included a fourth-year option. However, Beltran has long wanted to play for the Yankees."


That just came out ladies and gentlemen. What makes matters even more confusing was RAB ran it like it was news.  I don't get it.  Now you know me, I've made my share of mistakes at BYB. If we blow it, I'll tell you. But I'm just not seeing the interest in a story that happened a year ago. Am I missing something?


You know what the story should be? The fact that the Royals lost out to the Yankees on Beltran, but then signed Aoki.  Aoki has been a big contributor on the Royals this season. Plus, the Royals happen to be in the World Series.  The Yankees lost Beltran to several stints of injury and eventual surgery to remove bodies from his elbow.  Who got the better end of the deal in 2014? Analyze it.

Look, BYB isn't superior to any publication.  This however is NOT news about Carlos Beltran. It is however... old news.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017