Wednesday, October 29, 2014

IF THE GIANTS WIN, ARE THEY A DYNASTY?

 
“I was made for loving you baby.  You were made for loving me. And I can’t get enough of you baby.  Can you get enough of me?”

Everything that James Taylor or John Denver were as songwriters, KISS was not. Let’s just say KISS wasn’t about romance.  I mean before they released this song their last album was titled Love Gun.  But I digress...

The reason I have brought up the band KISS is not because I am buying Arena Football League tickets.  It’s because that song was called “I Was Made For Loving You” and it appeared on an album released in 1979.

This album name is a word that evokes emotion in sports fans and in particular Yankee fans.


Dynasty! Music clicks with me and I identify things big pop culture moments with music. When it became clear to me yesterday that the Giants, if they won Game 6 (which they didn’t) or Game 7 (they could) would have been Champions 3 of the past 5 seasons, the vocals of Paul Stanley began to take over my mind and the word “dynasty” appeared before me in big chrome letters.



In basketball you can argue about the San Antonio Spurs and their championship runs might be one, before them the Chicago Bulls and the Los Angeles Lakers three-peated the hell out of the NBA.

In the NFL the Dallas Cowboys of the early 90s (3 championships in four years) were a spectacle and during the end of that decade and the beginning of the 00s we had the New England Patriots who brought in a period of prosperity for Boston teams with 3 rings and 5 appearances.  Both runs are undisputed dynasties.

In baseball, not since ’96 and ’98 through 2000 has the baseball world experienced a dynasty.  A rookie Derek Jeter getting his first ring, Paul O’Neil,Bernie Williams, Joe Torre beating cancer, there was so much to love about that time.

It was a dynasty.

Say it out loud.  It sounds dirty, a little naughty like the song lyrics above.

Are the San Francisco Giants.... if they win Game 7… a dynasty?


 
Wolfgang Von Bunt
BYB Staff Writer
Twitter: @WVBunt




You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017