Wednesday, October 29, 2014

DEREK JETER CLEANS OUT HIS LOCKER


You gotta love The Players' Tribune.  Derek Jeter started something great and we here at BYB endorse it. You as true Yankee fans and of course Jeter fans should too.

Today Jeter wrote a piece titled: The Clean up. In it, he talks about cleaning out his locker, something all of you should take a look at. In fact, click HERE to read it. It's powerful.  It's a full career ending for the Captain, and him trying to get his head around it. Here's an excerpt:



"Cleaning out my locker on my final day at Yankee Stadium was harder than I thought. Not for any emotional reason—although it was definitely a little sad—it’s just that I had never really done it before. Even when we moved from the old Yankee Stadium to the new one before the 2009 season, someone packed everything for us.

So about a week after the season was over I took one last trip to the clubhouse, and spent a long time staring at everything in and around my locker. I wasn’t sure where to start or what to do..."


He closed it this way:

"This was the point I finally just told Robbie (Yankees Equipment Manager Rob Cucuzza) to box it all up and ship it to my house in Tampa. Some day, I’ll go through it all there."

The pictures are terrific.  The post is heartwarming, an emotional struggle and very personal. 


Now, I believe the media absolutely hates the Players' Tribune. If they tell you they like it, they're lying.  They hate it because these are stories that they could never get from the Captain.  But finally though, the Captain is opening up to the fans, and so are the people he hired to write for the Tribune.  

We, as BYB, as fans, absolutely love this idea.  

Hey Cap... I tip my hat... good job kid.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017