Tuesday, September 16, 2014

WHEN IT COMES TO TEIXEIRA, I WISH MY DAD RAN THE YANKEES


Mark Teixeira is out of the lineup again.  It's being reported that he is having pain in his surgically repaired wrist.

You know, when I was a kid, I moved lawns. Mr. Kaye had a big lawn and paid me double the rate in advance to cut his lawn while he and his family were away.  Well, I did a half-assed job and still needed to cut the lawn again after the Kaye family got back.

My Dad drove by one day, he saw the lawn and said to me, "Go cut Mr. Kaye's lawn and when you're done, give him the money back. That's not how you do it. Smarten up."


I wish my dad ran the New York Yankees. Tex would pay a couple years back if he did.

How does anyone defend this guy? He's a .218 "hitting", injury prone (to put it mildly), joke. And a pricy one at that. I wish we could dump him.

You know what? It's harsh, but it's real. How's that for tying together the Yankees and life lessons...


--Mike O'Hara
Senior "Features" Writer
MLB Fan Cave Host, Season 1
Twitter: @mikeyoh21
   "Paulie was always my favorite player."


Find Derek Jeter Memorabilia at SteinerSports.com


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017