Wednesday, September 10, 2014

THE YANKEES & FINDING THEIR WAY TO THE FINISH


My recaps are the same every single night.  Either I'm telling you the Yankees lost because there is absolutely no run support, or they won a game and I'm suspicious of being too excited about it.  I'm a Yankee fan in purgatory and it's killing me.  The passion isn't there ladies and gentlemen, and for the first time in my life, I'm being honest about the rooting situation and Yankees inconsistency.  Does it make me a bad fan? Nope. It does however make me cautious.


Look, you and I and millions of other Yankee fans had the perfect 2014 scenario in our heads back in March.  We win the championship in Derek Jeter's last year.  I mean, it's supposed to happen that way... right? On paper, we're the killer team that can beat anyone.  In reality... we're not that team.  Tonight however, the mighty New York Yankees are finding their way to the finish... somehow... some way.

We won a game. Shockingly, Mark Teixeira ran his nuts off and got a go ahead triple hustling.  Don't worry, he probably strained something.  Give a tip of the cap though, he went balls out tonight.   Mike O'Hara, did you catch it?


As Bryan Hoch of MLB.com writes:

"Down by four runs after Chris Capuano managed to record only one out in the first inning, the Yankees struck back for six unanswered runs against Tampa Bay starter Jake Odorizzi, chasing the right-hander in the fifth."


Life is good when the Yankees are able to score.  Not only that, have you noticed Brian McCann is actually hitting lately? He cranked out his 18th tonight.    But I'm getting ahead of myself. See? One Yankee win and I'm getting all giddy and I need to control it.  You know the Yankees... they build you up one night, just to rip your heart out the next... That's the motto of 2014.

Anyway... first off, Chris Capuano started and literally shit the bed tonight.  0.1 innings pitched, he gave up 4 runs and 4 hits.  He was followed by 5 pitchers.  Chase Whitley being one of them and he did his job after Cap, going 2.2 innings and giving up only 1 hit.  Preston Claiborne and Adam Warren looked good as well.  Then the boys,  Dellin Betances and Esmil Rogers were able to shut down the Rays.

The Yankee run scoring went like this:

McCann hit his solo shot in the first.  In the 3rd, McCann singled driving in 2. In the 4th, Chris Young homered.  In the 5th, Tex legged out a triple and McCann scored.  Shortly after, Chase Headley knocked in Tex.


In the bottom of the 8th, Ichiro doubled and Headley scored.  Then, Chris Young doubled and Ichiro was able to score. Those are your 8.  EIGHT RUNS!

Life is good when the Yankees win.  But, there's one important part of this puzzle... come closer... closer...
WE NEED TO WIN ALL OF THE GAMES THE REST OF THIS SEASON AT THIS POINT!

Final: Yankees 8 - Rays 5

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017