Tuesday, August 19, 2014

PASSING ON THE #BYB ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE


Bleeding Yankee Blue is a family. We're big on working as a team, and we're big on charity. So when the Ice Bucket Challenge came around, Ike Dimitriadis had the wonderful idea of getting involved, given that Yankees legend Lou Gehrig lost his life to the disease.

Ike recorded and posted the ice bucket challenge. I do not like the cold, nor am I a huge fan of these online challenges. This one, at least, is to raise awareness, and raise some money for a cure for ALS. Ike decided it would be fun to nominate me. So what do I do? Take the opportunity at a family barbecue, and entertain them all by soaking myself.  Please excuse the extreme dorkiness of this. I hate public speaking. I'm a writer. I do much better BEHIND the camera. Please note that this video actually took place a few hours after Ike's was posted. Still, I have made a donation as well.




Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, is a progressive neurodegenerative disease. It affects the nerve cells in your brain and spinal cord. There is no cure, or reversal treatment yet.

The nominees are:


I have also nominated a few of my personal friends... all in hopes that we can spread awareness, and maybe find a cure for ALS. 

If I have not nominated you, but you would like to make a donation, please feel free to visit the ALS Association, or make a donation to the ALS charity of your choice.


--Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer 
Twitter: @e_morales1804

 
  

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017