Monday, August 25, 2014

CHASING MY DREAM AT BYB

"Wait....you CHOSE to be a writer?"


That is the response I get when I tell someone what I do or hand them a business card. Oh, and the response usually comes with a confused, frozen facial expression. Yes, to these people I admit it....I am a freak of nature. In school while you were moaning and groaning over writing a paper I was getting my bookworm on and analyzing every lead I wrote and scrutinizing over my sentence structure. Oh and, I loved every minute of it.

So here I am, years later. I think I always knew I wanted to write. Math gave me headaches and made me twitch violently. Science made get violently ill, especially when it came to dissecting things. Forget that! So after years of school I entered the real world and I really think my story parallels closely to a character in one of my favorite movies.


If you have ever watched "Letters to Juliet" starring Amanda Seyfried then you would recognize me as Sophie Hall. My first real gig started off as a copy editor, while Sophie was a fact checker. Major difference here is Sophie's boss did not encourage her to pursue her writing, but Casey did for me. I was able to prove that I could do more than just made sense of a bunch of words posted on a website and check for grammar. I can create my own and tell a story. Now I get to combine my two passions, baseball and writing. I don't think it gets better than that.

I have been fortunate enough to be here over 3 years now and I am not gonna lie....it can be hard. This is a second job for all of us, so adding deadlines to our everyday routines of another job, and family commitments truly is a juggling act. So why do we do it? I can only speak for myself here, but I love what I do. I stay up late and night and race against the clock because our readers come looking for us! It makes it even more worth while because YOU care and you turn on your computer everyday to read our stories. You are the reason we are chasing 3 MILLION hits. We may not be ESPN, or YES Network but we are honest, hard hitting, and we interact with you. If it weren't for you the readers....we would still be chasing our dreams. We are chasing the other guys, those "beat writers" and I like that. We are a blog, the little engine that could and does....all because of you.


So yes, I am just like Sophie Hall and I am proud of that. In the end, I am doing what I love to do and hopefully other aspiring writers out there will stumble upon our blog and fall in love with the enthusiasm we have for our Yankees, and writing for all of you. This isn't easy, but I swear this place keeps me sane sometimes. It's always that welcoming part of the day that is always here. Bleeding Yankee Blue is my Old Reliable. It is my family....and I always go the extra mile for my family.

Thank you for constantly inspiring all of us here at BYB and thank you Casey for giving us this creative outlet. You keep reading, and we will keep typing away!




 --Jeana Bellezza, BYB Senior Writer and Editor
Twitter: @NyPrincessJ


 
 

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017