Sunday, May 25, 2014

THE CAPTAIN CARRIES THE YANKS ON HIS BACK

You can tell me that Masahiro Tanaka the story of the day because he's now 7-1, and sure, I guess you can say that. But to me, watching today and then reading tonight, the story is Derek Jeter.


You know, leadership is an important thing.  The Yankees have been struggling and Derek Jeter is a different player these days. He's older and he's going day by day giving it his all, but, well, it doesn't always work out.  Don't worry though, I'm not down on the guy, I love him.  Today though, one thing was clear... the Yankees needed to win and they needed a leader. They also need a streak at this very moment.  Well, Jeter was there to help right the ship.


Today, our Captain, along with help from Masahiro Tanaka showed Yankeeland that we will be OK. The troops followed and the Yanks did well. Today, the Yankees won 2 in a row.

Jeter carried the Yankees on his back. He had 4 hits, one of which was a triple.  He knocked in 2 runs and scored 1. Overall, the Yankees had 10 hits to the Chisox 7, and add in, a mix of a trusty Tanaka and there was nothing we couldn't accomplish today.


Tanaka pitched well going 6.2 innings allowing 5 hits and 1 run.  He struck out 6.  He was followed by a very reliable pen who held down the Chisox. Adam Warren and Matt Daley did good.

The Yankee runs went down like this:

In the second inning, Brett Gardner singled knocking in 2. Shortly after that, Derek Jeter knocked in Brian Roberts. Then Jacoby Ellsbury knocked in Gardy.


In the 4th, on a wild pitch, Derek Jeter scored. In the 6th, Jeet singled knocking in Alfonso Soriano.  In the 8th, Brian Roberts homered... there are your 7.


With the Captain continually involved in today's run scoring, I sense an energy.  Yes, I understand Jeter is always there, but today was significant. 4 hits is a big deal.  I loved what I saw from my captain and I hope the rest of the club takes note... we got this!

Final: Yankees 7 - White Sox 1

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017